Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Why my couch has butt indents

The holidays are a pretty crazy time of year for me. (That's right. Only me. Not you.) Hi internet. My name is Sheila*. I am a procrastinator. But I come by it honestly. I remember my mom trying to defend her tardiness one time to my dad by saying "Look. If someone writes '7 o'clock' on an invitation, then that means that I have until sometime within the 7 o'clock hour to be there!" Basically everyone who knows both my mother and I know that if something starts at 7 o'clock, you write noon on the invitation, just to be safe.

So here it is, less than two weeks until Christmas, and my mind is still stuck somewhere in July. I have a list of shit to do fiftyhundred miles long, and I can't seem to cross "get my ass off the couch" off to save my life. The very *thought* of... I don't know... Doing stuff, I guess, is enough to send me into panic mode.

So here goes. I'm getting up now. I really am. Really. 

*name changed to protect the innocent.

No comments:

Post a Comment