Monday, December 19, 2011

Happy *First* First Birthday

What a weekend!

I belong to an online mommy group, the theme of which (other than that we all grew a human) is "December babies". It's nice to have a group of 70ish women with babies all pretty much the same age as mine, being able to share (and lets be honest, compare). Ordinarily I would say that is about the *only* thing that is nice about a group of that many women in one setting, but there are actually some great girls, and I think I'd be safe saying even that some of them are my friends. Like, actual friends. Not just werido interwebz facebook friends.

Anyway. The topic of "first birthday party" has been being bounced around for a couple of months now. Me, being the ultimate lazy ass that I am, have sort of just ignored it, thinking that I'll deal with it when it's time to deal with it. Well. This weekend, it was time to deal with it. OHMYGOD. Talk about being stressed out. But I wanted it to be perfect. It was, after all, her first birthday party.

We went with an Olivia the Pig theme, because I Ava loves Olivia the Pig. Naturally, we had bacon themed appetizers, so basically anybody who hadn't planned on having a heart attack before coming to the party could count on one by the end of the evening. I never in my life thought I would be able to say I was tired of the smell of bacon, but there's a first for everything, I guess.

Overall, it was a success. We got some great pictures, have wonderful friends who littered my house with more toys, and I'm excited to do it again next weekend, for her ACTUAL birthday. But thank God I'll have a year to recover.

1 comment: